This dish is very simple to make but produces elegant results. We’ve used our vanilla beans to infuse an incredible flavor into this Mahi for a savory and sweet dish.
- | Easy
- | 20 mins
- | 4 servings
- In a large frying pan, heat 3 teaspoons olive oil over medium heat.
- Sauté the fish until they are golden on each side, about four minutes total. Remove from pan and set aside covered with foil to keep warm.
- In the same pan, heat 1 teaspoon olive oil (if needed) and sauté the shallots for about one minute. Add the wine, chicken stock, and vanilla bean seeds, whisking in the seeds to separate and incorporate. Slowly stir in the cream, salt, and pepper. Cook until sauce is reduced by about one half, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Return the fish to the pan, coat well with sauce, and cook gently for 2 minutes until the flavors are combined.
- Serve over jasmine rice.
- 4 fillets of Mahi Mahi, Halibut, or Sea Bass
- 4 teaspoons olive oil (or for best results use premium olive oil infused with a split Rodelle Vanilla Bean - let split bean set in oil for at least 48 hours to develop flavors, gently shaking every so often)
- 1 shallot, sliced thin
- 1 Rodelle Vanilla Bean, split and scraped
- ¼ cup dry vermouth
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste