A no-bake cake recipe perfect for summer when you don’t want to turn on the oven! This Chocolate Wafer Icebox Cake is light and refreshing but perfectly satisfying with it’s chocolate and vanilla flavors! With just a few easy ingredients (like our delectable vanilla beans) and a stop over in the refrigerator, you’ll be able to make this airy treat ahead and delight your family and guests.
- 180 mins
- 5 servings
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon Rodelle Vanilla Extract
- 1 Rodelle Gourmet Vanilla Bean, split and scraped
- 2 (9-ounce) packages chocolate wafer cookies
- Chocolate shavings for garnish - optional
- In a large bowl, beat cream, sugar, vanilla bean seeds, and vanilla extract with an electric mixer on high speed until soft peaks form.
- On a flat serving plate, spread a thin anchoring layer of whipped cream. Arrange 7 cookies in a circle on top of the whipped cream, keeping 1 cookie in the center.
- Spread with 1/2 cup whipped cream, making a cup of approximately 7” leaving a sliver of the cookie exposed.
- Repeat with remaining cookies and cream, until you have 11 alternating layers of cookies and cream, ending with a layer of cream. There will be a few cookies left over. (You can crumble them and use for a garnish as well).
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours - overnight is preferred.
- To serve, top with chocolate curls or cookie crumbs and slice and serve as needed.