Delectably healthy to-go snacks – packed with Rodelle flavor. Three unique recipes to try!
- | Easy
- | 15 mins
- | 24 servings
- Wash and pick over berries. Make sure they are all firm and ripe, not squishy.
- Peel and pit the peaches. Remove any bruises and cut into chunks.
- Puree the strawberries with the agave and Rodelle Cocoa. This step applies to any other fruit or berry mix.
- Use manufacturer recommendations on your dehydrator for drying pureed fruit.
- If trying the oven drying method, line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Spray a find mist of oil on the paper.
- Spread the fruit puree to about 1/4-inch thickness.
- Bake at the lowest heat setting (ideal 135, most oven's lowest setting is 140).
- Best to do this overnight as it can take up to 10 hours, but check progress at 6 hours.
- The fruit can be slightly sticky, but you don't want any gooey or "wet" areas. If you have a convection oven setting use it as the air circulation promotes the drying process.
- Remove the fruit leathers from the dehydrator sheets (usually available at Bed, Bath, and Beyond, or where dehydrators are sold locally), or parchment.
- Cut into desired size and roll into wax paper.
- Store in a container in your cupboard for up to one month.
- More Flavor and Fruit Options: Apples and Rodelle Cinnamon. Papaya and Rodelle Vanilla. Banana and Rodelle Cocoa. Mixed berries and Rodelle Vanilla.
- 4 cups of berries or cut fruit
1/4 cup light or golden agave nectar
- Strawberry: add 2 tablespoons Rodelle Gourmet Baking Cocoa, sifted.
- Blueberry: add 2 teaspoons Rodelle Almond Extract.
- Peach: add 1 teaspoon Rodelle Vanilla Extract, plus 1 Rodelle Vanilla Bean, split and scraped.