This is our chef’s favorite dessert! A light and creamy Valentine’s Day inspired recipe with layers of flavor! Such a beautiful and elegant dessert that you could use it for almost any occasion!
- | Easy
- | 90 mins
- | 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Add scraped Rodelle Vanilla Bean seeds into the sugar.
- Whip egg whites to soft peaks, then add sugar a little at a time, until stiff peaks form (takes 15 or more minutes to develop really stiff peaks).
- Fold in corn starch and vinegar until well blended. Whip for 5 more minutes.
- Use a 4” or 6” ramekin to trace a 2-5 circles on parchment paper. Fill the circles with meringue.
- After meringue is placed on paper, you will form a well in the middle, while building up the sides to create a bowl-like shape out of the meringue. The well is created to hold the filling.
- Reduce heat to 220°F.
- Put parchment paper with “meringue bowl” onto a cookie sheet. Bake for about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Turn off oven, and let meringue cool inside.
- While meringue is cooking, drain the syrup from cherries, do not rinse.
- Put cherries in bowl along with rum and 1 scraped Rodelle Vanilla Bean seeds. Stir well. Cover with plastic and refrigerate.
- After “meringue bowl” has finished cooking and cooling, make your whipped cream by combing heavy cream, sugar, and 1 scraped Rodelle Vanilla Bean seeds. Then whip until light and fluffy.
- Fill cooled “meringue bowl” with whipped cream.
- Using a slotted spoon, spoon the cherries on top of the whipped cream.
- Drizzle the rum/cherry juice over the top.
- Garnish with dark chocolate shavings.
- 1 Rodelle Vanilla Bean, split and scraped
- 1 cup of cane sugar
- 4 large egg whites
- 2 tsp corn starch
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 15oz canned cherries in syrup (Pitted Dark Sweet Cherries in Heavy Syrup)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 2 Rodelle Vanilla Beans, split and scraped
- 1/4 cup white rum
- Dark chocolate shavings