We have adapted this incredible recipe by Food52. Even if you’re not familiar with gluten free desserts, these little treasures will certainly be a perfect introduction!
- 50 mins
- 20 servings
- 16 tablespoons (2 sticks) butter, melted
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tablespoons Rodelle Vanilla Extract
- 1 Rodelle Vanilla Bean, split and scraped
- 1 ½ cup almond flour (not almond meal)
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup dried cherries
- ½ 3 to 4-oz bar dark chocolate, cut in to chunks
- ½ cup hazelnuts, roughly chopped and toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9x13 pan with parchment.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Then remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Chop up the chocolate and roughly chop the hazelnuts.
- Toast the hazelnuts in a skillet over medium heat until fragrant (5 minutes or so).
- In a medium bowl, mix together the melted butter and brown sugar vigorously with a whisk or spoon until evenly caramel-colored and smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing them in thoroughly. Stir in Rodelle Vanilla Extract and scraped Rodelle Vanilla Bean seeds.
- Mix the flours and salt together in a small bowl. Stir the mixed flours into the wet ingredients until well combined.
- Add in the chocolate, cherries, and hazelnuts and fold in to the batter until evenly distributed.
- Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan, tapping it against the counter to remove any air bubbles.
- Bake 30-40 minutes (depending on your desired gooeyness factor).
- Remove from oven and cool in the pan.
- Cut into 20 or so squares.