We are obsessed with this moist, coffee and cocoa flavored cake. The amazing Bailey’s Whipped Cream harmonizes perfectly and enhances the richness of this incredible St. Patrick’s Day confection.
- 45 mins
- 9 servings
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup Rodelle Gourmet Baking Cocoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Rodelle Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup strong, hot coffee
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Rodelle Vanilla Bean, split and scraped
- 1/4 cup Bailey's Irish Cream Liquor
- Preheat over to 350°F.
- Butter one 10 x 3-inch springform pan In a large bowl, briefly blend the flour, sugar Rodelle Gourmet Baking Cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt with the whisk attachment on low speed.
- Add the eggs, milk, oil, and Rodelle Pure Vanilla Extract and mix on low speed, scraping the bowl as necessary, until the mixture is thick and creamy (about 5 minutes).
- Gradually add the coffee at low speed until just combined.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the center of the cake comes out with a few crumbs adhering to it and is firm to the touch.
- Cool in the pan for about 15 minutes, then remove from the springform and cool before serving with a dollop of whipped topping.
- For Whipped Topping: Make sure the cream and bowl are well chilled. Whip the cream until it starts to thicken. Add the powdered sugar and split Rodelle Vanilla Bean, and beat until the cream forms soft peaks. Gradually add the Bailey's Irish Cream Liquor and whip until thick, medium peaks form (about 3 minutes).