Join us for the 30 Days 30 Ways of incredible recipes that are healthy while still being delicious. These healthy brownies are the perfect indulgent dessert that will fast become a kitchen staple!
- 90 mins
- 8 servings
- 3/4 cup Rodelle Gourmet Baking Cocoa
- 1 cup + 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 cups canned black beans, drained well
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 tbsp Rodelle Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp granulated instant coffee
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup light agave nectar
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Line the bottom of an 8 or 9-inch square baking dish with parchment paper. Then lightly spray inside of dish with vegetable oil.
- In a small microwaveable bowl, melt 4 tbsp butter. Whisk in Rodelle Gourmet Baking Cocoa and combine until smooth.
- Chop walnuts in KitchenAid® Pro Line® Series 16-Cup Food Processor with Commercial-Style Dicing. Remove 1/2 cup and set aside.
- Melt 1 cup butter in microwave.
- Place the black beans, 1 cup melted butter, Rodelle Vanilla Extract, and a couple of spoonfuls of the cocoa mixture into the bowl of the food processor. Blend about 2 minutes (or until smooth).
- The batter should be thick, and the beans smooth.
- In a separate large bowl, mix together the remaining 1/2 cup walnuts, the remaining melted cocoa mixture, granulated coffee, and salt.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs until light and creamy using KitchenAid® Pro Line® Series 5-Speed Cordless Hand Blender. Add the agave nectar and beat well.
- Add the bean/cocoa mixture to the coffee/cocoa mixture. Stir until blended well. Now add the egg mixture, reserving 1/2 cup. Mix well.
- Pour entire mixture into prepared square baking dish.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the remaining 1/2 cup mixture again until light and fluffy. Drizzle over brownie batter. Use a wooden toothpick and pull egg mixture through batter to create a marbled effect.
- Bake for 60 minutes until brownies are set (time can depend on altitude and oven). Let cool in pan before cutting into squares.