We’ve created a light, fluffy, and delicious cupcake using our Vanillas and Almond Extract. We then filled these little delights with strawberries and topped them with vanilla bean whip cream!
- | Easy
- | 60 mins
- | 6 servings
- Heat oven to 325°F
- Butter the bottom and sides of giant muffin tin (usually 6 cups per tin, so you may need to bake in two batches), or: butter the bottom and sides of a 12 cup cupcake/muffin tin.
- Sift the flour and ½ cup of the sugar together. Repeat.
- Beat the egg whites until foamy. Add the salt and cream of tartar and continue to beat until the hold soft peaks. Beat in the remaining sugar, the Rodelle Vanilla Bean, split and scraped and the Rodelle Vanilla Extract and Almond Extract and continue to beat until the peaks become a little stiffer.
- Gradually and gently fold in the flour mixture, using a rubber spatula. Turn the batter into the cups, filling to ¾ full.
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes, until the cupcakes are firm, resilient, and nicely browned.
- Let the cupcakes cool, then run a dull knife carefully around the sides of the cupcakes and remove. Cool completely before serving. Drizzle with glaze or sauce, and top with berries.
- Best served the day they're made.
- Place mixing bowl and wire whisk attachment in the freezer to chill for 30 minutes (this is KEY).
- Remove chilled bowl and whisk and set up mixer.
- Pour in heavy whipping cream, Rodelle Vanilla Bean seeds, and powdered sugar.
- Whip on low for 1 minute, and then turn mixer speed up to high.
- Mix until whip cream is stiff about 2 minutes.
- 1 cup cake flour, sifted, divided
- 1 ½ cups sugar, divided
- 9 egg whites
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 Rodelle Vanilla Bean, scraped
- ½ teaspoon Rodelle Gourmet Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Rodelle Almond Extract
Vanilla Bean Whip Cream
- 1-pint heavy whipping cream
- 6 tbsp Powdered Sugar
- 2 Rodelle Vanilla Beans, split and scraped