From the kitchen of The Vintage Mixer, this pumpkin pie is “the one” — a natural sweetness that is perfect for Thanksgiving!
- | Easy
- | 60 mins
- | 8 servings
DirectionsFor the pumpkin sweet potato pie
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Prepare pie crust by rolling it out and placing it in a pie pan. Refrigerate as you make the pie.
- In a large bowl or bowl of a stand mixer, combine the pumpkin puree, sweet potato puree, maple syrup, vanilla bean seeds, spices and salt.
- Add eggs one at a time, ensuring that each is combined.
- Gradually mix in the heavy cream or unsweetened almond milk.
- Remove pie shell from the fridge and place on the middle rack of the oven.
- Slide the rack out carefully a couple of inches and pour the filling into the pie shell (this will prevent maneuvering/walking with a full, unbaked pie).
- Slowly, slide the oven rack back in place, taking care not to spill the contents of the pie shell onto the bottom of your oven!
- Place an empty cookie sheet under the pie for baking to prevent any boil overs.
- Bake for 1 hour, checking the pie after 30 minutes to rotate if needed and to make sure the crust isn't browning too much (cover with foil or parchment if needed).
- The pie is done when the center of the pie only jiggles slightly. The rest of the pie should be set.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Serve with vanilla maple whipped cream.
- Whip the cream on high until soft peaks form.
- Add in vanilla and maple syrup.
- Beat again to incorporate.
Pumpkin Sweet Potato Pie
- 1 9-inch pie crust
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree (canned or homemade)
- 3/4 cup mashed or pureed sweet potatoes
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- Seeds of 1 Rodelle gourmet vanilla bean, scraped - or - 1 teaspoon Rodelle vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream or almond milk*
*This pie can be made with heavy cream or almond milk. The cream does lean toward a creamier pie, but the (unsweetened) almond milk also makes for a great pie and still has the full flavor.
Vanilla Maple Whipped Cream
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon Rodelle vanilla extract or 1 Rodelle gourmet vanilla bean, scraped
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup