Served warm, this adult beverage will become a seasonal favorite for fall gatherings or holiday meals.
- 325 mins
- 6 servings
- 1 small pie pumpkin, peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 Rodelle Cinnamon Stick
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Rodelle Vanilla Bean, split but not scraped
- 3/4 cup Rodelle Wassail mulling spice blend or make your own with this recipe 1 cup water
- 2 750 ml bottles of full bodied red wine, we used zinfandel
- Combine pumpkin and all ingredients, except wine in a 4-quart saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the pumpkin is tender and translucent, about 40 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Add the wine and refrigerate at least 5 hours, or overnight.
- Gently mash the pumpkin, stirring to combine, and strain twice through a fine mesh sieve.
- Rewarm over low heat until just heated through.
- Serve with a cinnamon stick or splash of cinnamon sugar on top.
- Also, try our Homemade Vanilla Bean Pumpkin Liqueur Recipe!