This refreshing Mexican drink is traditionally made with rice, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon. We added Pumpkin Spice Extract to make it extra special!
- | Easy
- | 120 mins
- | 4 servings
- 1 cup long grain white rice, uncooked
- 7 cups water
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 tsp Rodelle Pumpkin Spice Extract
- 1/2 tsp Rodelle Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 tbsp agave syrup
- Rodelle Cinnamon Sticks, for garnish
- Pour the rice and water into the bowl of a blender and blend until the rice just begins to break up, about one minute. Depending on the size of your blender, you may need to process in 2 batches.
- Pour the blended mixture into a container that will hold all of the blended water and rice in one, or if you processed in one batch, the blender is fine.
- Let the mixture stand at room temperature for at least 3 hours.
- Strain the rice water through cheesecloth into a pitcher and discard the rice.
- Stir the milk, Pumpkin Spice Extract, Vanilla Extract, cinnamon and agave into the rice water.
- Chill and stir before serving over ice.