Pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice extract and a homemade streusel topping add to this amazing coffee cake.
- | Easy
- | 75 mins
- | 10 servings
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, ground cinnamon and salt.
- Add in the pieces of butter, and cut into the flour mixture with a pastry cutter until crumbly.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, butter and flour a 9-inch round baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and brown sugar on medium-high speed until it is well combined. On low speed, beat in the eggs, one at a time, scraping the bowl after each addition.
- Add in the pumpkin puree, Rodelle Pumpkin Spice Extract, and yogurt. Mix on low speed until just combined.
- Fold in the flour mixture by hand.
- Evenly spread half of the cake batter in the prepared cake pan. Top with 1/3 of the streusel mixture.
- Evenly spread the remaining half of the batter over the streusel, then top with the remaining 2/3 streusel mixture.
- Bake for 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then remove from the pan and cool on a rack.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the glaze ingredients until smooth.
- Add a little extra milk if necessary to make the glaze easier to drizzle.
- Drizzle the glaze all over the top of the cake.
- And, be sure to try our pumpkin scones, lemony coffee cake muffins, pumpkin cupcakes, and wash it down with our pumpkin spiced horchata!
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 5 tablespoons cold, unsalted butter, cut into small chunks
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Rodelle Pumpkin Spice Extract
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree (not canned pumpkin pie mixture)
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1 teaspoon Rodelle Pumpkin Spice Extract