Take the classic scotcheroo dessert recipe and turn it into a pumpkin spice scotcheroo with a few additional ingredients! We look forward to making these pumpkin scotcheroos each fall – bring on all the pumpkin spice!
- | Easy
- | 60 mins
- | 12 servings
- Spray a 9x13 inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray or line with wax paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, measure out 6 cups of rice krispie cereal. Set aside.
- In a small pot over medium-low heat, combine the corn syrup and sugar, occasionally stir the mixture until the sugar dissolves and the mixture begins to boil.
- Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the peanut butter, Rodelle Pumpkin Spice extract, and all spices.
- Pour this mixture over the rice krispies and mix immediately with a spatula until all the cereal is evenly coated.
- Press the cereal into an even layer in the prepared pan. Let the scotcheroos cool for 10 minutes.
- In a small pot over low heat (or in the microwave on 50% power), melt the chocolate chips and the oil, stirring until it’s smooth.
- Pour the chocolate evenly over the cereal layer. Optional: melt 1/4 cup white chocolate chips with 1/2 tsp vegetable oil, then add in 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice and swirl the white chocolate top of the chocolate layer.
- Allow the chocolate to set. Then cut and serve. Top with candy corn pumpkins if desired!
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp Rodelle Pumpkin Spice Extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 6 cups rice krispies cereal
- 2 & 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil, for melting chocolate chips
OPTIONAL TOPPING (DRIZZLED WHITE CHOCOLATE):
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Candy corn pumpkins