Melt in your mouth light meringue cookies flavored with Rodelle Pumpkin Spice Extract – the lightest Fall treat yet!
- 80 mins
- 60 servings
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 drop orange gel food coloring
- 3/4 tsp Rodelle Pumpkin Spice Extract
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 tsp nutmeg
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper (3 15x10 sheets should work).
- In a clean, dry mixing bowl, whisk the egg whites for 30 seconds until frothy.
- Add in vinegar, cornstarch, food coloring, Pumpkin Spice Extract. Turn on mixer to high and beat. While beating, slowly add in the sugar in a steady stream.
- Beat for 4 minutes on high until stiff peaks form.
- Spoon meringue into a large pastry bag with tip of your choice. Pipe onto parchment paper lined baking sheets. Sprinkle immediately with nutmeg.
- Bake in a 200 degree oven for about 80 minutes (do not open oven door!).
- Turn oven off and allow meringues to set for 4 hours or overnight (do not open oven door at this time!).
- Once set, remove from parchment paper and enjoy.
- Tip: do not bake on a humid day or your meringues will become sticky. See other tips here.
We'd love to thank Shugary Sweets for this fabulous recipe! Looking for pumpkin spice recipes? Try our pumpkin scones, pumpkin cupcakes, and wash it down with our pumpkin spiced horchata!!