Melt in your mouth light meringue cookies flavored with Rodelle Pumpkin Spice Extract – the lightest Fall treat yet!
- | Easy
- | 80 mins
- | 60 servings
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper (3 15x10 sheets should work).
- In a clean, dry mixing bowl, whisk the egg whites for 30 seconds until frothy.
- Add in vinegar, cornstarch, food coloring, Pumpkin Spice Extract. Turn on mixer to high and beat. While beating, slowly add in the sugar in a steady stream.
- Beat for 4 minutes on high until stiff peaks form.
- Spoon meringue into a large pastry bag with tip of your choice. Pipe onto parchment paper lined baking sheets. Sprinkle immediately with nutmeg.
- Bake in a 200 degree oven for about 80 minutes (do not open oven door!).
- Turn oven off and allow meringues to set for 4 hours or overnight (do not open oven door at this time!).
- Once set, remove from parchment paper and enjoy.
- Tip: do not bake on a humid day or your meringues will become sticky. See other tips here.
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 drop orange gel food coloring
- 3/4 tsp Rodelle Pumpkin Spice Extract
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 tsp nutmeg