Created by Lindsey Cook of Dallas, TX. Our 2012 Great American Ice Cream Challenge Honorable Mention!
- 6 servings
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 peaches, peeled, pitted and pureed
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- Toppings: Chocolate Syrup
- In a cold large bowl, mix together eggs and sugar until smooth.
- Once you have peeled, pitted, and pureed your peaches, pour them into the egg mixture along with the cream, milk, vanilla, and salt. Mix well.
- Prepare ice cream according to your ice cream maker’s directions.
- If you are using the kitchen aid attachment, pour the mixture into the frozen ice cream bowl and let chill for at least an hour in the fridge.
- Attach bowl to mixer and let churn for 30 minutes.
- Pour in pecans 3 minutes prior to ice cream being done. Remove ice cream from the frozen bowl, and freeze immediately to get the correct consistency. Of course, sneak a few little spoonfuls before you put it in the freezer!