Cute “rose” pastries that are filled with vanilla and fruity flavors. Lovely to look at and lovely to eat!
- | Easy
- | 75 mins
- | 6 servings
DirectionsFor the Vanilla Bean Glaze
- Mix the ingredients together in a small bowl with a rubber spatula or spoon.
- Reserve for the end of this recipe.
- Prepare a bowl with water, sugar and vanilla extract.
- Slice peaches into 1/8-inch thick slices. Place the peaches in the bowl with the water mixture and stir to coat the peaches.
- Heat the preserves in a ramekin or microwave safe bowl until bubbly, about 10 - 20 seconds.
- Microwave the peach mixture briefly to soften them, about 1 minute.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly flour a clean work surface and place the unwrapped pastry sheet onto it. Roll the dough out an inch on both sides, keeping the rectangular shape.
- Slice pastry into six strips, 2"x9"
- Spread the dough strips with the melted preserves. Place the peach slices along the long side of the dough with the arch of the peach above the edge of the dough.
- Overlap peaches slightly to form a scalloped pattern. Fold the bottom part of the dough, like folding a sheet of paper in half, leaving the scalloped peach edge exposed.
- Carefully roll the dough into a rose shape from one end of the long end to the other, pushing the peach slices back in if they slip out.
- Seal the edge of the "rose" that you just rolled.
- If you plan to bake the roses in a silicon mold, there is no need to grease your pan. Otherwise, lightly grease your metal cupcake/muffin pan.
- Repeat the rolling process to make 5 additional roses.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes on the middle rack of your oven. Make sure the pastry is fully cooked on the inside before removing from the oven. Check at 30 minutes and if they look fully cooked, move the muffin mold to a higher rack and cook for 10-15 more minutes.
- Let cool slightly, then remove to a platter. Place a fresh berry in the center of each rose.
- Drizzle with vanilla bean glaze.
For the Pastries
- 1 frozen puff pastry sheet, thawed
- 12 ounces sliced peaches (fresh or frozen)
- 3 tablespoons blackberry or raspberry preserves
- 1/2 tablespoon Rodelle Gourmet Vanilla Extract
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Flour for dusting work surface
- 6 whole, fresh raspberries or blackberries (plus more to garnish if desired)
For the Glaze
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 Rodelle Vanilla Bean, split and scraped