A savory, quick bread recipe – this easy loaf is versatile and delicious. A hint of herb flavor and a rich crumb make this loaf great for snacking, bread baskets, and even as a hostess gift!
- 60 mins
- 12 servings
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup, plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons Rodelle Herbs de Provence
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- Spray a 2 ¾ - 10-inch loaf pan. Line bottom with parchment paper; spray oil on top of paper and sides of pan.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, combine oil, sugar, and eggs.
- Mix on low speed until blended, then increase to medium speed. Mix until light in color and sugar has dissolved, about 3 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, Herbs de Provence, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- On medium-low speed, alternatively add the flour mixture and cream in three additions.
- Mix until well blended.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake on the middle rack for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool to warm before removing loaf from pan if you prefer to serve warm, otherwise, cool to touch, before removing, then cool completely on rack.