Healthy, low-fat muffins that are still packed with flavor and taste delicious! A perfect source of fuel that will fill you up on the go!
- | Easy
- | 20 mins
- | 12 servings
- Preheat oven to 400F. Spray muffin liners with non-stick cooking spray.
- Make streusel topping first: mix oats, brown sugar and cinnamon together. Once combined, cut in butter. We use 2 butter knives and literally "cut" the butter into the mixture. When you are done your streusel should resemble small crumbles.
- For the muffins, mix together dry ingredients: oats through salt.
- Slowly mix in applesauce, milk, oil, vanilla and egg. Stir until well combined.
- Use a large baking scoop to fill prepared muffin cups ¾ full.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of streusel on the top of each muffin.
- Bake at 400F for 15 to 18 minutes or until cooked through.
For the Muffins:
- 1½ cup old-fashioned oats
- 1¼ cup flour
- ½ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Rodelle Organic Ground Ceylon Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup applesauce
- ½ cup almond milk
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- ½ teaspoon Rodelle Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 egg
For the Streusel Topping:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup oats
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon Rodelle Organic Ground Ceylon Cinnamon