Molten, YES we said molten! These cupcakes are ooey, gooey, and divine. This is a great crowd pleaser and will have your friends and family in awe!
- 25 mins
- 12 servings
- 1 cup 60% cocoa baking chocolate chips
- 14 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1½ tsp Rodelle Vanilla Extract, split and scraped
- ½ cup white chocolate baking chips
- 3 whole eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- ½ cup flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line cupcake tins with baking cups.
- Stir cocoa chips and 10 tbsp butter in heavy medium sized saucepan over low heat until both are melted.
- Add ½ tsp Rodelle Vanilla Extract and stir until incorporated.
- Cool slightly and set aside.
- Stir white chocolate chips and remaining butter in heavy medium saucepan over low heat until melted.
- Add ½ tsp Rodelle Vanilla Extract.
- Drain off extra butter fat; set aside.
- Whisk eggs and egg yolk in a large bowl to blend.
- Add sugar, chocolate mixture and flour.
- Add remaining Rodelle Vanilla Extract.
- Mix thoroughly until completely blended.
- Pour mixture into baking cups about half way.
- Drop ½ tbsp white chocolate into center of mixture.
- Top with remaining batter.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until cake is set.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from cupcake pan and invert onto a small dessert plate.
- Immediately dust with powdered sugar and serve.