These little cakes have a molten lava center that oozes out when cut. YUM! This dessert should be served as soon as it is prepared – we recommend ice cream or whipped cream, too!
- 15 mins
- 6 servings
- 2 tbsp Rodelle Gourmet Baking Cocoa Powder
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, plus 2 tbsp for greasing the ramekins
- 4 1-oz squares semi-sweet chocolate
- 1/3 cup milk chocolate chips
- 3 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 5 tbsp granulated white sugar
- 1 ½ tsp Rodelle Bakers Extract or Rodelle Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 tbsp flour
- Grease 6 6-oz oven-safe ramekins with butter. Sprinkle with cocoa powder.
- In a saucepan, melt ¾ cup butter with the semi-sweet chocolate squares and milk chocolate chips until smooth. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Beat eggs and yolk with sugar and vanilla until light.
- Beat in melted chocolate mixture and flour until combined.
- Pour evenly into prepared cups, cover and chill 3-4 hours.
- Bake in preheated 425 degree oven for 12-15 minutes until puffed – do not over bake so watch carefully.
- Let stand 1 minute. Run knife around edges, invert onto plates and serve immediately.
- We recommend adding whipped cream or ice cream!