The flavors of matcha green tea and chocolate may have become our new favorite flavor combination! Make this amazing cake and you’ll learn why.
- | Easy
- | 90 mins
- | 10 servings
DirectionsFor the Cake
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 350 °F
- Generously brush a 10-cup bundt or tube cake pan with butter and dust with flour.
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, matcha, and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine milk and sour cream. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream butter, sugar and vanilla.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and beat until smooth. At low speed, add dry ingredients alternately with the milk mixture.
- In another bowl, combine cocoa powder and oil with a whisk. Add 2 cups of cake batter and combine.
- Spread matcha cake batter in the pan. Make a deep groove in the center of the batter by spreading batter up the sides of the pan.
- Spoon chocolate batter in the groove. With a small spoon, gently swirl the two batters in small circular movements to create a marbled effect.
- Bake for about 55 minutes or until a long toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let cool for 10 minutes. Unmold cake and cool on wire rack. Let cool completely before glazing.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the powdered sugar and sifted cocoa powder.
- Add in the milk while whisking.
- Cook over low heat stirring constantly adding more milk if glaze is too thick, you want it to be pourable.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Cool slightly before spooning or carefully pouring over the top of the cooled bundt cake.
For the Cake
- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup Matcha powder (available at most specialty grocery stores - you want a fine, fine powder)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/4 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons Rodelle Pure Vanilla Paste
- 5 eggs
- 3 tablespoons Rodelle Gourmet Dutch Processed Baking Cocoa Powder
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
For the Glaze
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/3 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 3 - 6 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons Rodelle Cocoa Powder, sifted
- 1 teaspoon Rodelle Pure Vanilla Extract