This fresh mango tart has a creamy layer of mango and a warm vanilla bean and coconut cream layer on top! It’s a delicious and unique tart to try when mangoes are in season.
- 90 mins
- 8 servings
For the Crust
- 1 1/2 cups (204g) all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (25g) powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (113g) butter, chilled and cubed
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 tsp Rodelle vanilla paste
- 2 tsp (10g) cold water
For the Mango Filling
- 1 1/2 cups (36og) fresh mango, cubed
- 1/2 cup (90g) canned coconut cream
- 1/8 cup (30g) lemon juice
- 1/3 cup (67g) sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp gelatin
- 1/4 cup (85g) cold water
For the Coconut Vanilla Bean Layer
- 1/2 tsp gelatin
- 2 tbsp (28g) cold water
- 3/4 cup (135g) canned coconut cream
- 1/4 cup (57g) heavy cream
- 2 tbsp (25 g) sugar
- 1 tbsp Rodelle vanilla paste
- Whipped cream to top
For the crust
- Place flour, powdered sugar and salt in a food processor and pulse to combine. Add in the chilled butter and place on high until the flour mixture is coarse and forms a ball when pinched together. Add in the egg yolk and remaining crust ingredients and mix on low until the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl and forms into a ball. Turn out the dough and form into a disk. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge to chill for 1 hour.
- Lightly dust a clean work surface and roll out the dough into a 9–10 inch round. Place on top of a 10-inch tart pan. Lift the edges of the dough and tuck into the corners making sure to not stretch the dough. Remove the excess from the edges and place into the fridge to chill 30 minutes or in the freezer 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Score the bottom of the tart crust with a fork. Place a piece of parchment on the top of the crust and fill with pie weights or dry beans. Bake in the oven 15 minutes, remove the parchment and pie weights, and continue to bake another 15 minutes or until golden brown.
For the mango filling
- Place the mango, coconut cream, lemon juice, and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat. Simmer until the mango has softened, about 5-8 minutes. Using an immersion blender pulse into a puree. Let the mixture cool for about 10 minutes.
- While cooling, place the gelatin powder in cold water and set aside to bloom for 5 minutes.
- Whisk the bloomed gelatin into the mango puree’ and pour into the tart shell until filled ¾ the way up. Place in the fridge to chill for 1 hour.
For the coconut vanilla bean layer
- Mix the gelatin and cold water together and set aside to bloom for 5 minutes. Warm the coconut cream, whole cream, sugar and vanilla bean paste over the stove just until the mixture starts to steam. Mix in the bloomed gelatin and pour on top of the set mango layer and carefully place back in the fridge to set for another hour.
- Top with fresh flowers or whipped cream. Serve chilled and enjoy!