This recipe is truly a versatile masterpiece. Put it on toast, put it on top of desserts, and perfect for a summertime sundae!
- | Easy
- | 30 mins
- | 2 servings
- In a bowl, roughly mash your strawberries with a potato masher, or squish them with your fingers.
- Put them into a large skillet.
- With the tip of a knife, split the Rodelle Vanilla Bean lengthwise and scrape out the seeds: add them to the pan along with the pod.
- Add the sugar and lemon juice and cook over medium-high heat, stirring often and breaking up large chunks of berry with your spoon, until it thickens and your spoon leaves a trail across the bottom of the pan.It should take about 10 minutes.
- Cool and remove the vanilla pod.
- 4 cups strawberries, hulled
- 1 Rodelle Vanilla Bean, split and scraped
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice