We love Madagascar, and we love their vanilla. So in an homage to their favorite street food we bring you banana fritters with a warm vanilla bean sauce.
- | Easy
- | 40 mins
- | 4 servings
- Heat 3 inches of oil in a heavy sauce pan or deep fryer to 350 degrees F
- Mix the eggs, milk, brown sugar, flour, baking soda and vanilla extract together in a medium-sized bowl. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Add the banana slices, a few at a time, coating them well with the batter.
- With a long slotted spoon, remove the banana slices a few at a time and place them in the oil.
- Fry the bananas for 2-3 minutes until lightly browned, turning them once. Drain the fritters on paper towels and transfer them to a serving platter.
- Repeat the process until all of the bananas have been fried.
- Sprinkle them with the powdered sugar and serve them warm with the warm vanilla bean sauce.
- In a 1 1/2 quart saucepan, mix the sugar and cornstarch. Stir in the half & half and butter until smooth.
- Heat to boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil about 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Stir in the vanilla bean seeds.
- Keep warm and serve over the fritters, or place in a bowl and use as a dipping sauce.
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup cold milk
- 3 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp Rodelle Vanilla Extract
- 4 ripe bananas, sliced in half length-wise and then diagonally into 4 sections for each half (16 pieces total)
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- Quality vegetable oil for frying
Vanilla Bean Sauce
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 1/4 cup half & half
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 Rodelle Vanilla Bean, split and scrape