This cake is VERY low in fat – it can be eaten as breakfast, brunch or dessert. Flavored with bright seasonal berries and vanilla, it is perfect for spring and summer!
- | Easy
- | 60 mins
- | 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease 8 inch spring form cake pan.
- Sift together flour, baking soda and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl with mixer, blend sugar, applesauce and eggs until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add in Rodelle vanilla and vanilla yogurt. Blend again until creamy, about 2 minutes.
- On low speed, mix in flour until just incorporated, do not over mix!
- Pour batter into your prepared cake pan.
- Top with berries and sprinkle with remaining 1 tsp sugar.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes (check frequently) until cake turns golden and toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the cake fully cool before cutting or serving!
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and enjoy!
- Learn more about the Scrumptious Spring Sweepstakes by clicking here for other winner's information!
- 1 1/2 c flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 c all-natural applesauce
- 1 c sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp Rodelle Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 c lowfat vanilla yogurt
- 1 c raspberries
- 1/2 c blueberries
- 1 tsp sugar
- Powdered sugar for topping