These cookies make a delicious and festive addition to any dessert plate. Made with a very tender lime & vanilla infused shortbread cookie dough and topped with a thumbprint full of cranberry sauce.
- | Easy
- | 40 mins
- | 27 servings
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in powdered sugar. Beat in the egg, Rodelle Vanilla Extract and lime zest until mixture is smooth.
- Working by hand or with a mixer on low speed, stir in the flour mixture.
- Roll into balls about 3/4 to 1-inch in diameter (make sure they are all about the same size) and arrange on baking sheet, leaving about 2-inches between balls.
- Using your fingertip, make a deep indentation into each ball.
- Fill the “thumbprint” with cranberry sauce (approx 1/2 tsp in each). Do not attempt to flatten the cookies; the dough will spread slightly as it bakes.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes, until the cookies are set and only have a touch of golden brown at the edges.
- Allow to cool for 4-5 minutes on the baking sheet, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp Rodelle Vanilla Extract
- 1 tbsp fresh lime zest
- 1/3 cup cranberry sauce