These enticing little treasures are perfection. They are a zesty, tangy, sweet, spicy, and soulful concentration of tasty riches you will want to savor again and again. Dig in.
- | 90 mins
- | 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease six custard cups, or six 3 ½ - inch ceramic ramekins.
- Melt butter and stir in the cookie crumbs. Press 1/3 cup of the mixture into the bottom of each of the ramekins. Place the ramekins in a baking dish or on a cookie sheet and chill until firm.
- Meanwhile, finely grate the rind and squeeze the juice from the lemons.
- Add the ricotta, yogurt, eggs, cornstarch, Rodelle Vanilla Bean, split and scraped, and sugar and whip until a smooth batter is formed.
- Carefully pour the batter into the ramekins. Leave the ramekins in the baking dish or on the cookie sheet and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until just firm and golden brown.
- Cool the cheesecakes completely in their cups or ramekins then run a knife around the edges to loosen, and turn onto individual serving plates.
- Decorate with the lemon zest and dust with powdered sugar.
- ¼ cup butter, plus extra for greasing
- Cookie crumbs
- 2 cups crushed gingersnaps
- 3 lemons
- 1 1/3 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 cup Greek-style plain yogurt
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 Rodelle Vanilla Bean, split and scraped
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- Strips of lemon zest, to decorate
- Powdered sugar, for dusting