We’ve added vanilla beans to the delicate crumb crust of these mouth-watering lemony favorites. Bakers will add this recipe to their family gatherings for generations to come.
- 55 mins
- 16 servings
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, not too soft or too hard
- 1 Rodelle Vanilla Bean, scraped (keep seeds)
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp grated lemon peel
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp water
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 8x8 inch baking pan with non-stick spray.
- In a food processor combine ¾ cup flour, 3 tbsp granulated sugar and the vanilla seeds. Pulse in the butter until crumbly.
- Pat mixture onto the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake for 15 minutes.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine egg and egg white. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until frothy.
- Add 2/3 cup granulated sugar, 2 tbsp flour, lemon peel, lemon juice, water, and baking powder.
- Beat on medium speed for 3 minutes or until slightly thickened. Pour mixture over baked layer in pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes more or until edges are light brown and center is set.
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
- Sift the powdered sugar over the top.
- Cut into bars. Store in refrigerator.