This recipe captures some the best flavors of the holiday season. Start by cooking cranberries with a little sugar and vanilla, then add vodka to infuse it with cranberry flavor.
- | Easy
- | 20 mins
- | 6 servings
DirectionsHomemade Cranberry Vanilla Vodka
- In a small saucepan, cook cranberries, water and sugar over medium heat, stirring until the sugar dissolves and the cranberries pop.
- Split Rodelle Vanilla Bean lengthwise and add to the cranberry mixture.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 minutes until mixture thickens slightly.
- Transfer to a large bowl or jar and add in vodka. Stir well and allow to cool to room temperature. Cover and let stand for 1-3 days.
- Strain mixture through a fine strainer to remove cranberry solids.
- Transfer vanilla bean to a new bottle or jar (If dividing the mixture into two smaller bottles, cut vanilla bean in half and put half in each finished bottle) and pour in the strained spirit, which should be clear. Finish the presentation with about a half cup of fresh, whole cranberries, if desired.
- In a shaker with ice, combine vodka, Cointreau and lime juice. Close the shaker and shake vigorously for 60 seconds, until drink is very cold.
- Strain into a martini glass.
Homemade Cranberry Vanilla Vodka
- 2 cups cranberries, fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 Rodelle Vanilla Bean
- 1 750ml bottle of vodka
- Fresh cranberries, for packaging
- 1 1/2 oz Homemade Cranberry Vanilla Vodka
- 1 oz Cointreau
- 1/2 oz fresh lime juice