This ice cream makes for the perfect dessert recipe. It’s a mixture of our rich Gourmet Baking Cocoa and Rodelle Vanilla Beans. It’s a simple recipe to make that will please the whole family!
- 150 mins
- 6 servings
- 1 Rodelle Vanilla Bean
- 1½ cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1 2/3 cups Rodelle Gourmet Baking Cocoa
- 2½ cups So Delicious Unsweetened Coconut Milk Beverage
- Combine the water, sugar, and salt in a medium saucepan set over medium-low heat. Cook until sugar is fully dissolved.
- Gradually add the Rodelle Gourmet Baking Cocoa to the syrup by whisking constantly until smooth.
- Add the Rodelle Vanilla Bean including the bean and stir until combined.
- Let the mixture cool in an ice bath for 1 hour then remove the vanilla bean.
- Gradually add the coconut milk, blending thoroughly.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Chill in an ice cream maker for 20 minutes or until thickened. Sorbet will have a soft creamy texture.
- If a firmer consistency is desired, transfer the sorbet to an airtight container and place in freezer for about 2 hours. Remove from freezer about 15 minutes before serving.
- You can also spoon the sorbet into plastic Popsicle forms and freeze until fully formed and solid.