This Chocolate Flan Cake is an impressive dessert, boasting a rich chocolate cake bottom and a fluffy, silky-smooth vanilla flan on top!
- | 180 mins
- | 16 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Liberally grease a 12-cup Bundt pan with cooking spray. Pour the caramel sauce in the bottom of the Bundt pan evenly. Set aside briefly.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt until blended.
- Meanwhile, in a microwave-safe medium-size bowl, heat the chopped chocolate bar and butter together on HIGH power for 30 seconds. Stir, then heat again for another 30 seconds or until melted and smooth.
- Whisk the sugar into the melted chocolate mixture, and pour the melted chocolate mixture into the stand mixer bowl with the dry ingredients.
- Beat slowly, then stream in the whole milk.
- Beat until combined, followed by adding the eggs, one at a time, and the vanilla.
- Pour the chocolate cake batter into the prepared pan in an even layer.
- In a large blender, add the flan ingredients and process for 1 minute or until thin and combined.
- Pour the flan mixture evenly over the chocolate cake batter in the pan; the pan will be very full.
- Carefully transfer the Bundt pan to a larger roasting pan and nestle it inside.
- Pour hot water into the roasting pan until it hits about halfway up the Bundt pan.
- Bake for approx. 75-90 minutes or until a toothpick or cake tester inserted into the cake and through the flan comes out clean.
- Cool completely, then refrigerate for at LEAST 8 hours, preferably overnight. This is MANDATORY.
- Just before serving, put the Bundt pan back into the roasting pan and add about 1-2 inches of hot tap water.
- Let sit in the water for about 1-2 minutes.
- Take a platter or cake stand and flip it upside down on top of the Bundt pan.
- Working quickly and carefully, invert the Bundt pan onto the cake stand/platter (whichever you're using) and let set for a second so all the caramel drips onto the flan cake. Remove the Bundt pan.
- Serve while cold and store leftovers covered in the fridge. Spoon any extra caramel in the Bundt pan over the top of the flan.
For the Cake:
- ¾ cup caramel sauce or ice cream topping
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup Rodelle Gourmet Baking Cocoa
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 4 oz bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter
- ½ cup whole milk
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp Rodelle Pure Vanilla Extract
For the Flan:
- 2 (14 oz) cans sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 2 & ½ cups whole milk
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 6 large eggs
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1 Tbsp Rodelle Pure Vanilla Extract