The jewel-tone colors and the balanced flavors of sweet-tart, slightly tangy edge of the blue cheese, and the subtle heat of cinnamon make this salad a stand out addition to your gourmet meals.
- | 10 mins
- | 6 servings
- In a small container with a lid, combine the oil and lemon juice.
- Soak the Rodelle Cinnamon Stick in the oil mixture overnight.
- Before serving the salad, remove the cinnamon stick and add the vinegar, Rodelle Ground Cinnamon, agave, and salt. Shake or whisk until completely blended.
- Cut out green calyx from the persimmons.
- If the skin is tough, peel with a vegetable peeler.
- Cut into wedges.
- In a bowl, toss the persimmon wedges and fennel with 2 tablespoons of the dressing. Add the pomegranate seeds and lettuce. Add dressing (to taste) and toss the salad.
- Arrange the salad in a salad bowl or platter,or on individual salad plates. Garnish with blue cheese crumbles.
- 1 cup light flavor oil (safflower, avocado, or almond)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 Rodelle Whole Gourmet Cinnamon Stick
- 1/8 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon agave syrup
- Pinch salt
- 2 firm Fuyu or Cinnamon persimmons
- 1 small bulb fresh fennel, washed, trimmed, and thinly sliced (use a veggie peeler to get thin slices)
- 6 cups mixed baby lettuce
- Seeds from 1 pomegranate
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled