Topped with made-from-scratch vanilla whipped cream, you will love this cake! Fresh raspberries pair perfectly with the almonds which give a beautiful crunchy texture on top.
- | Easy
- | 60 mins
- | 1 servings
- Position a rack in the lower third of the oven and preheat to 325ºF. Butter a solid 10-inch round tart pan with 1.25-inch high sides or a 9-inch round cake or spring form pan (if using a cake pan, line the bottom with a round of parchment cut to fit). Dust the pan with flour and tap out the excess, and place on a baking sheet to catch any drips.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the almond paste and butter until combined, scraping down the bowl and beater as needed.
- Add the sugar, and beat on medium until light and fluffy, 3 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating until combined after each addition, then add the almond and vanilla extracts. It’s fine if the mixture looks broken at this point.
- Sift the oat flour, almond flour, baking powder and salt into a medium bowl, and add to the cake batter, beating until well-combined. Increase the mixer to medium and beat until fluffy, 10 seconds.
- Scrape down the bowl and beater, give the batter a final fold with a spatula to make sure it is homogeneous, then spread into the pan.
- Place the raspberries evenly on top of the cake, decorate the edges with the almonds, and sprinkle with the coarse sugar.
- Bake the cake until the top is golden and a tester inserted near the center comes out with a few moist crumbs, 40-50 minutes. Let the cake cool completely, about 1 hour.
- When ready to serve, combine the cream, sugar, and vanilla paste in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment and whip until soft peaks form. Chill until needed.
- To serve, dust the cake lightly with powdered sugar, cut into wedges, and serve with vanilla bean whipped cream. Note: the cake keeps well for up to 1 day at room temperature or up to several days refrigerated airtight.
Gluten-Free Raspberry Almond Cake:
- Soft butter and oat flour for the pan
- 4 ½ ounces (125 g) fresh, moist almond paste, crumbled (about 1 cup)
- 8 tablespoons (115 g) unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup (100 g) granulated sugar (preferably organic)
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- ¾ teaspoon Rodelle Organics Pure Vanilla Extract
- ¾ teaspoon Rodelle Organics Pure Almond Extract
- ¾ cup (75 g) gluten-free oat flour
- ¾ cup (80 g) blanched almond flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup (125 g) fresh raspberries
- Handful sliced almonds
- 1 ½ teaspoons coarse sugar, for sprinkling
Vanilla Bean Whipped Cream:
- 1 cup (120 ml) heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon Rodelle Vanilla Paste