Pumpkin donuts made gluten free and grain free with Rodelle vanilla extract, dipped in a delicious maple glaze.
- 30 mins
- 16 servings
For the Donuts:
1 ¾ c. gluten free flour
⅔ c. coconut sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
½ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
½ tsp. nutmeg
¼ tsp. ground ginger
¼ tsp. salt
⅛ tsp. cloves
¾ c. canned pumpkin
¼ c. coconut oil, melted and cooled
2 large eggs
1 ½ tsp. Rodelle Gourmet Vanilla Extract
½ tsp Rodelle Pumpkin Spice Extract
2-3 Tbsp. toasted, chopped hazelnuts for garnish, if desired
For the Maple Cashew Glaze:
1 heaping cup powdered sugar
¼ c. cashew butter
2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
2 Tbsp. almond milk
½ tsp. Rodelle Gourmet Vanilla Extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and lightly spray a donut pan with nonstick cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the gluten free flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, nutmeg, ginger, salt, and cloves.
- In a separate bowl, add the pumpkin, coconut oil, eggs, Rodelle Gourmet Vanilla Extract, and Rodelle Pumpkin Spice Extract. Beat, using a hand mixer or whisk, until well-incorporated.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and fold gently until just combined.
Scoop the batter into a pastry bag or zip top plastic bag, then snip the corner of the bag to allow for easy filling of the donut pan. Squeeze the batter into prepared donut pan, filling almost all the way full.
- Bake the donuts at 350 F for 16-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool 2-3 minutes, then carefully remove to a cooling rack. Repeat with the remaining donut batter.
- To make the glaze, add the powdered sugar, cashew butter, maple syrup, almond milk, an Rodelle Gourmet Vanilla Extract to a medium bowl. Using a hand mixer, beat until smooth and creamy. It should be a bit thick; if it seems too thick, add another 1 Tbsp. milk. The glaze will thicken and harden the longer it sits out.
- When the donuts have cooled, dip into the glaze and place back onto the cooling rack. Sprinkle with chopped, toasted hazelnuts if desired. Store at room temperature in an airtight container up to 3 days.
Note: this recipe was prepared for Rodelle by Kasey at @well_fedsoul.