If you have any food sensitivities, this flourless dark chocolate mug cake with creamy coconut cream is for you. This cake is dairy-free and gluten-free! A rich chocolatey batter is made from coconut oil, baker’s chocolate, almond flour, and Rodelle’s rich baking cocoa. The mug is microwaved briefly for 45 seconds for a cake that is perfectly cooked but moist. The hot cake is topped with cold coconut cream, which deliciously melts into the cake.
- 10 mins
- 1 servings
For the mug cake
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (14 g)
- 1 oz unsweetened baking chocolate (28.3 g)
- 4 tbsp granulated sugar (50 g)
- ½ tsp baking powder (2.4 g)
- 2 tbsp almond flour (12 g)
- 1 tsp Rodelle Gourmet Baking Cocoa (2.5 g)
- 1 large egg (57 g)
- ½ tsp Rodelle Baker’s Extract (2.5 ml)
For the coconut cream
- 1 tbsp coconut cream, thoroughly chilled (14 g)
- In a 10 oz coffee mug, combine the coconut oil and unsweetened baking chocolate. Microwave in increments of 30 seconds, stirring after each heating until melted.
- Add in the sugar, baking powder, almond flour, and baking cocoa. Mix well to combine.
- Then crack in the egg and add the extract. Mix again well.
- Microwave the mug for 45 seconds on high (up to one minute for some microwaves). The cake should be puffed and cooked through.
- Top the cake with coconut cream.
- Do not overbake the cake! Start with 45 seconds adding 10-15 seconds as needed.
- If you can handle dairy, you can substitute coconut oil and coconut cream for butter and whipped cream.