Flourless Almond Cake can be enjoyed by gluten-free lovers and cake lovers alike. The incredible taste of almonds enhanced with Rodelle’s Almond Extract puts this cake on the top shelf. Tender, moist almond cake is almost buttery and gooey. The top of the cake is studded with sliced almonds that becomes nicely toasted in the oven during the baking process. Serve with a dollop of unsweetened coconut cream to balance out the slight sweetness of the cake.
- 70 mins
- 8 servings
For the cake
- 2 sticks butter (226 g)
- 1 cup granulated sugar (233 g)
- 2 1/4 cup almond flour (251.5 g)
- ⅔ cup shredded unsweetened coconut flakes (57 g)
- ¼ tsp kosher salt (3 g)
- 4 large eggs (214 g)
- 1 ½ tsp Rodelle Almond Extract (7.5 ml)
- ½ cup sliced almonds (55 g)
For the coconut cream topping
- 1-13.66 fl oz can unsweetened coconut cream
- Preheat an oven to 350 F. Prepare an 8” springform pan by greasing the sides and bottom with softened butter.
- To make the cake, begin by melting the butter in a microwave-safe bowl in 30-second increments in the microwave.
- Add in the sugar and whisk the mixture.
- Next, add in the remaining ingredients except for the sliced almonds. Whisk until well combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle the sliced almonds evenly on top. Bake for 45-47 minutes or until the center of the cake is puffed and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- While the cake is baking, remove the coconut cream from the can to a mixing bowl and whisk the liquid and solid coconut parts. Refrigerate it until firm.
- Remove the cake from the oven. Allow the cake to cool for 10-12 minutes before removing it from the springform pan. Slice the cake into eight pieces and serve with a dollop of chilled coconut cream.
- Be sure to use unroasted sliced almonds, so the nuts do not get overly browned in the oven.
- Feel free to serve this cake with fresh berries like sliced strawberries.