The easiest recipe yet! Use a homemade mix that can be made into biscuits later, and add a delicious vanilla streusel twist that your family will love!
- | Easy
- | 30 mins
- | 40 servings
DirectionsFor the Biscuit Mixture
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt into the bowl of a food processor. Add the butter in 1 tablespoon pieces. Process until butter is incorporated.
- Refrigerate leftover mix and use in recipes for biscuit recipes.
- Heat oven to 375°F. Grease 9-inch round cake pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix coffee cake ingredients until blended. Spread in pan.
- Stir streusel ingredients together with 2 tablespoons of the cold butter until crumbly.
- Distribute evenly over the cake batter.
- Using a cheese grater, grate the other tablespoon of butter over the topping.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
For the Biscuit Mixture
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tablespoon salt
- 1 ½ tablespoons baking powder
- 4 tablespoons cold butter
For the Cake Mix
- 2 cups biscuit mix (above)
- 1 apple, peeled, cored, and chopped (food processor works well)
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon Rodelle Vanilla Extract
- 1 egg
For the Streusel Topping
- 1/3 cup biscuit mix (above)
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Rodelle Ceylon Cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons cold butter, divided