A holiday party isn’t a party without a little eggnog and you will love the vanilla twist to this traditional holiday drink!
- 60 mins
- 4 servings
- 4 eggs, separated (pasturized eggs are great here)
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp granulated white sugar
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 ounces Vanilla Bean infused bourbon
- 2 Rodelle Vanilla Beans, split and scraped
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp grated cinnamon
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, whisk the egg yolks until lightened in color. Gradually add 1/3 cup sugar, beating until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the whole milk, heavy cream, bourbon, vanilla bean seeds, nutmeg and cinnamon. Stir until well combined and set aside.
- Place the egg whites in the bowl of a stand mixer and beat until soft peaks form. Gradually add the 1 tablespoon of sugar, beating until stiff peaks form.
- Whisk the egg white mixture into the set-aside egg yolk mixture. Add the reserved, scraped vanilla beans and chill before serving.
Recipe slightly adapted from The Food Network. For other great holiday cocktails, you should try our Vanilla Ginger Tini, Cookies and Cream Martini, Vanilla Champagne Cocktail, Cupid's Shot Whiskey Cocktail, or for something really spicy, our Sriracha Bloody Mary!