Decadent, gorgeous, delicious, indulgent. We have transformed your basic trifle into a white chocolate, raspberry, and coffee-cocoa cake sensation. Love at first bite guaranteed!
- | Easy
- | 45 mins
- | 8 servings
- In a large saucepan over low heat, melt the white chocolate chips in the cream - stirring frequently.
- Remove to a large bowl; chill for 2-3 hours, until very cold.
- In a separate bowl, combine sifted powdered sugar, sour cream and thawed raspberries until smooth. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Generously butter a 4 1/2 inch x 8 1/2 inch loaf pan. Line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper. Butter parchment paper, then dust bottom and sides with flour to prepare the pan.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, cream softened butter and sugar.
- Blend in eggs, one at a time, mixing until just incorporated.
- Mix in the vanilla extract and salt.
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and baking powder directly into the batter.
- Mix on low speed until just combined.
- Slowly pour in the coffee while the mixer is on low and mix until smooth and mostly free of lumps.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, spreading it evenly.
- Bake until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out with only moist crumbs adhering to it, about 35-40 minutes.
- Transfer to a rack to cool to room temperature.
- Beat the cold white chocolate mixture and the Rodelle Vanilla Bean seeds in a chilled metal bowl until fluffy. Do not over beat.
- Cut the cake into 2-inch pieces and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Drizzle raspberry liquor over the cake pieces, leaving a few dry to crumble for garnish.
- Layer the cake, sour cream mixture and raspberries in a large glass bowl.
- Top with the white chocolate mixture and garnish with raspberries and cake crumbs.
For the Cake
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cups plus 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- 1 tsp Rodelle Gourmet Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tbsp Rodelle Gourmet Dutch-Processed Baking Cocoa
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup brewed coffee, cooled to room temperature
For the Trifle
- 11 ounces white chocolate chips
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 Rodelle Vanilla Bean, split and scraped
- 1 cup frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1/4 cup raspberry liquer
- 3 cups fresh raspberries, rinsed and dried