These Double Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies are everything you would want from an oatmeal cookie. Crispy on the edges and chewy on the inside. If a no bake chocolate oatmeal cookie and a baked oatmeal cookie had a baby, this would be it! The cookie dough is made with both brown and white sugars, plenty of oatmeal and Rodelle’s rich Dutch-processed cocoa powder.
- 70 mins
- 36 servings
- 1 stick butter (113 g)
- 1 cup brown sugar (182.5 g)
- 1 cup granulated sugar (219 g)
- 2 large eggs (100 g)
- 1 tsp Rodelle almond extract (5 ml)
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour (198 g)
- ¼ cup Rodelle Dutch Processed Organic Baking Cocoa (50 g)
- 1 tsp baking soda (6.5 g)
- 1 tsp sea salt (6 g)
- 3 cups old-fashioned oatmeal (267 g)
- 1 cup 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate chips (167 g)
- Preheat an oven to 350 F. Combine room temperature butter and both sugars in a bowl. Beat on medium-high speed for 5-7 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl often. The butter mixture should be light, creamy and have no grittiness.
- Add in the eggs one at a time and beat after each addition until emulsified. Add in the almond extract and beat briefly.
- Combine the dry ingredients from the all-purpose flour to the sea salt in a bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and beat on low speed until just combined.
- Add in the oatmeal and chocolate chips. Beat on low until just combined.
- Using a 1 oz cookie scoop, drop six level cookie scoops onto a parchment-lined baking sheet—Bake for 8 minutes. Then allow the cookies to cool on the hot baking sheet for 5 minutes to set. See note below on how to make perfectly round cookies. Remove cookies to a cooling rack.
- Place a large circle cookie cutter around each cookie as soon as they exit the oven. Swirl the cookie cutter around the edges of the cookie to pull the edges in for a perfectly round cookie.