Quality Dutch-processed cocoa and a generous amount of chocolate chips make this the ultimate chocolate lover’s recipe. What’s better than eating chocolate cake for breakfast!?
- 35 mins
- 6 servings
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 3/4 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Rodelle Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/3 Cup Rodelle Gourmet Baking Cocoa
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 400ºF
- In large bowl using a mixing spoon, mix sugar, sour cream, oil, eggs and vanilla.
- Sift in flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cocoa. Gently stir until just barely mixed. Batter does not need to be completely smooth. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop batter into muffin pans prepared with liners. Divide batter between 6 jumbo muffin tins or 12 standard muffin tins. Top muffins with a few extra chocolate chips, press them slightly into the batter.
- Jumbo Muffins: Bake at 400ºF for 10 minutes then decrease temperature to 350ºF and bake for 15-17 more minutes.
- Standard Muffins: Bake at 400ºF for 8 minutes then decrease temperature to 350ºF and bake for 8-10 more minutes.
- Allow muffins to cool on a rack completely before transferring to an airtight container or bag to store.
Note: this recipe was prepared for Rodelle by Nicole at Wonky Wonderful. Click here to see the original post, more photographs and helpful hints!