We’ve adapted this recipe from Food and Wine. Chewy and richly flavored, these delicious classic oatmeal cookies have a decadent and healthy twist. They are the perfect holiday treat!
- 45 mins
- 24 servings
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 ½ cups light brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ cup warm water
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp Rodelle Gourmet Vanilla Extract
- Finely grated zest of 1 orange
- 1 cup plus 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 ½ cups dried cranberries
- 1 ½ cups white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the butter and brown sugar until fluffy.
- In a small bowl, dissolve the baking soda in the warm water, then beat it into the butter mixture.
- Add the eggs, vanilla and orange zest and beat at low speed until combined.
- Beat in the flour and salt until barely combined, then mix in the oats, cranberries, and chips.
- Scoop 3 tbsp dough onto the baking sheets and spread 2 inches apart.
- Bake the cookies on the bottom two racks of your oven for 25 minutes. Halfway through baking, shift the sheets from one rack to the other and turn the baking sheets around as well.
- Bake until a little soft in the middle and crispy around the edges.
- Let the cookies cool for 10 minutes then transfer to wire rack to cool completely. Store for up to 1 week in an airtight container.