Cocoa adds a robust layer of flavor to these easy to prepare ribs. They are so good, you’ll want to grill year-round!
- | Easy
- | 180 mins
- | 6 servings
- Heat your grill to about 350°F to 375°F.
- You will use the unlit side of your grill to cook the ribs.
- In a small bowl or jar with lid, combine the cocoa, sugar, and spices.
- Remove the membrane from the back of the ribs by making a small cut between the membrane and rib bone and, using a paper towel to grab onto the end of the membrane, tear the membrane loose from the bone by pulling it down the length of the rack.
- Place the ribs on a sheet of heavy duty foil.
- Evenly distribute the spice mix on both sides of the rack of ribs. Gently pat or brush on the mix, DO NOT "rub" in the spices.
- At this point, the preferred method is to cover and refrigerate the ribs for about an hour or more, however, if you are impatient to chow down ASAP, then, by all means, start cooking!
- Place the ribs on top of the foil on the un-lit side of your grill.
- Cover the grill and cook ribs for an hour. Do not lift the lid! You can check them after an hour. Close the lid and cook for an additional 1/2 hour.
- Brush on the barbecue sauce during the last 5 minutes.
- Remove from grill. Let set for 5 or so minutes before digging in. Enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons Rodelle Gourmet Cocoa Powder
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (more or less to adjust for spicy heat)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (more if you like more heat)
- 1 rack pork ribs
- 1/4 cup bottled barbecue sauce