This decadent dessert is a creative combination of our Rodelle Vanilla and our Rodelle Cocoa. Only a few steps and you’ll have created a recipe that’s pure bliss.
- | Advanced
- | 60 mins
- | 8 servings
- Using a previously chilled metal mixing bowl (15 minutes in the freezer), and a kitchen aid with the wire whip attachment, whip the 6 egg whites at low speed for 1 minute or until it begins to get firm.
- Add 1 Rodelle Vanilla Bean, split and scraped, and 3 tbsp of powdered sugar, whip the mixture at high speed until it gets very firm (about 2 minutes) and set in a fridge.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large sauce pan warm the heavy whipping cream, careful not to boil.
- In a mixing bowl combine the 3 egg yolks, 5 tbsp of powdered sugar, 5 oz of Rodelle Gourmet Baking Cocoa and 3 Rodelle Vanilla Beans, split and scraped, and then whisk together.
- When the cream has scalded, remove from heat, while beating the egg yolk mixture slowly add the warm cream until all the mixture is evenly mixed.
- Let the mixture cool down, then with a rubber spatula incorporate by folding the previously made beaten egg whites and mix evenly with the eggs and Rodelle Gourmet Baking Cocoa mixture.
- Butter the inside of 8 8-oz ramekins.
- Pour the mixture into the ramekins (5 oz volume each approx).
- Place the ramekins into a rectangular baking dish or sheet tray.
- Place the baking dish in the oven for 25 minutes or until the Cocoa Soufflés have risen.
- Serve the Rodelle Cocoa Soufflés with Rodelle Vanilla Bean Crème Anglaise on the side and garnish with a whole Rodelle Vanilla Bean.
- Dust the top with Rodelle Gourmet Baking Cocoa, powdered sugar, and place a Rodelle Vanilla Bean for garnish.
Beaten Egg Whites:
- 6 egg whites
- 1 Rodelle Vanilla Bean, split and scraped
- 3 tbsp powdered sugar
Milk and Cocoa Mixture:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 5 tbsp powdered sugar
- 5 tbsp Rodelle Gourmet Baking Cocoa
- 3 Rodelle Vanilla Beans, split and scraped
- 2 oz unsalted butter
- 1 Rodelle Vanilla Bean with 1 tsp Rodelle Pure Vanilla Extract