Our Cocoa Crème Brulée is sweet perfection. It’s fluffy, rich in flavor, and is great for the holiday season! We’ve also created a vanilla Crème Brulée recipe so all of your cravings are covered.
- | Medium
- | 100 mins
- | 4 servings
- Preheat the oven to 300° Fahrenheit.
- In a large saucepan warm the heavy whipping cream (careful not boil).
- In a mixing bowl combine the egg yolks, raw sugar, Rodelle Gourmet Baking Cocoa and Rodelle Vanilla Bean, split and scraped then whisk.
- When cream has scalded, remove from heat, while beating the yolk mixture slowly add the warm cream ½ cup by ½ cup until all the mixture is evenly mixed.
- Pour the mixture into custard cups (5 oz each approx) or ramekins.
- Place the cups in a rectangular baking dish.
- Pour water into the baking dish up until ¼” of the rim of the cups.
- Cover the baking dish loosely with aluminum foil.
- Place the baking dish in the oven for 70 minutes to 90 minutes.
- When cooked, let the custards cool and then place them in the fridge.
- When totally firm and cold, make a caramel sauce and pour on it; or powder the top of the custards with raw sugar and blowtorch them carefully.
- Slowly rotate the ramekin while evenly distributing the blowtorch heat.
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup raw sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 Rodelle Vanilla Bean, split and scraped
- 2 ounces of Rodelle Gourmet Baking Cocoa (use maximum 4 oz to taste)
- 4 tbsp raw sugar, as needed for caramel topping
- 1 Rodelle Vanilla Bean with 1 tsp Rodelle Pure Vanilla Extract
- Trade raw sugar with Rodelle Vanilla Sugar