This crowd pleasing granola is so chocolaty and honey sweet that you’ll swear you’re eating dessert for breakfast! And we’ve also created a vanilla bean maple granola that is sweet perfection!
- | Easy
- | 30 mins
- | 3 servings
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Pour the oil into a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Heat in the oven for about 10 minutes.
- In a small pot, heat the honey, stirring in the vanilla seeds and the reserved bean. Simmer lightly for 2 minutes. Turn off the heat and let sit while preparing the oats.
- Thoroughly stir in the oats and cocoa and bake until toasted, about 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Stir in the coconut, almonds and salt and bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove the vanilla bean from the warm honey and pour over the oat mixture.
- Add the cherries and thoroughly toss to coat the mixture.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, stirring once or twice. Remove from the oven.
- Cool on a wire rack, stirring once or twice until cooled.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Will keep indefinitely.
- ½ cup honey
- 1 Rodelle Vanilla Bean, split and scraped. Reserve the bean
- 3 cups rolled oats (not quick cooking or instant)
- ¼ cup Rodelle Baking Cocoa
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- Dash salt
- ½ cup dried cherries