Rich, decadent chocolate and almond truffles – the perfect bite-sized treat perfect for entertaining or satisfying that sweet tooth.
- | Easy
- | 25 mins
- | 16 servings
- Place the chopped chocolate in a medium heat-proof mixing bowl.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring the heavy cream to a light simmer. Immediately pour the simmering cream over the chopped chocolate. Sprinkle salt over top. Let sit for 5 minutes, and then stir with a spatula to combine into a smooth ganache. If needed, you can microwave for 15 seconds at a time to melt any stubborn chunks of chocolate.
- Divide the ganache evenly into two bowls. In one bowl, add the vanilla extract and stir to combine. In the other bowl, add the almond extract and stir to combine. If only making one flavor, double the ingredients above!
- Chill the ganache bowls until firm, but malleable, 10-30 minutes, depending on the % of your chocolate.
- Meanwhile, place the sifted baking cocoa on a small plate or bowl and the chopped almonds on a separate small plate or bowl.
- When ganache is firm, use a small cookie scoop or tablespoon measuring spoon to scoop out eight heaping tablespoon-sized balls of each flavored ganache and roll into smooth balls.
- Roll the vanilla ganache truffles in baking cocoa and set aside. Roll the almond ganache truffles in chopped almonds and set aside.
- Store truffles in the refrigerator and bring to room temperature before serving.
- 8oz bittersweet chocolate (70-75%), chopped
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon Rodelle Organics Pure Vanilla Extract
- ¼ cup Rodelle Organic Baking Cocoa, sifted
- ½ teaspoon Rodelle Organics Pure Almond Extract
- ½ cup finely chopped dry roasted almonds, sifted to remove almond powder