These little treats are perfect for your mid-afternoon or late night chocolate cravings – they hit the spot and taste fabulous! Not to mention, our chef developed this recipe to be Paleo and Keto friendly! If you’re looking to satisfy a sweet-tooth and stay on track, this recipe is for you!
- 25 mins
- 10 servings
Cocoa Layer (bottom)
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil (make sure you measure the oil after melting)
- ¼ cup unsweetened, no salt, almond butter (pour off the oil on top before measuring)
- 2 tablespoons Rodelle Cocoa Powder
- 1 teaspoon Rodelle Vanilla Extract
- 2 tablespoons sweetener (we used Lakanto Monk Fruit Sweetener with Erythritol)
Almond Butter Layer (top)
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil (same as above)
- ¼ cup almond butter (same as above)
- ½ teaspoon Rodelle Vanilla Extract
- 1 tablespoon sweetener (same as above)
- Set 10 mini cupcake papers on a plate or small tray.
- In a small bowl, stir all ingredients for the Cocoa / bottom layer together until smooth.
- Divide the mixture between the cups (about ½ full). Lightly tap the tray until the filling flattens out.
- Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir all of the ingredients the Almond Butter / top layer ingredients until smooth.
- Remove the bottom layer cups from the freezer and fill with the top layer ingredients.
- Return the tray to the freezer.
- Keep frozen. Remove from freezer five minutes before consuming so that they can soften slightly.
- These treats don’t travel well as they need to be frozen to maintain the best consistency. Enjoy at home just out of the freezer!