Classic Bakery Blueberry Muffins have to be jumbo-sized, filled to the brim with plump, fresh blueberries, and topped with the crispiest, crunchiest sugar coating. These muffins check each of those boxes! Our moist and tender muffins are made with sour cream and butter for the loveliest bakery-fresh flavor. Then they are baked to golden, crispy-crunchy-on-the-edges browned perfection. Best served warm from the oven with a cup of hot coffee or tea.
- 45 mins
- 8 servings
For the muffins
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (390 g)
- 1 tbsp baking powder (10 g)
- 1 tsp baking soda (4 g)
- ½ tsp kosher salt (3 g)
- 1 cup granulated sugar (226 g)
- ⅔ cup salted butter, melted (155 g)
- 2 large eggs (100 g)
- 2/3 cup sour cream (160 g)
- 2/3 cup whole milk (150 ml)
- 2 tsp Rodelle Vanilla Extract (10 ml)
- 1 ½ cup fresh blueberries (212 g)
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar (6.5 g)
- 4 tbsp turbinado sugar (48 g)
- Preheat an oven to 425 F. Combine the dry ingredients from the all-purpose flour to the kosher salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk the wet ingredients from the melted butter to the eggs, including the sugar. Whisk in the sour cream, milk, and vanilla extract. Add the mixture to the dry ingredients and gently fold in until there are no visible flour clumps.
- Toss the blueberries with powdered sugar. Gently fold in the fresh blueberries. Then divide the batter evenly between 8 muffin cups.
- Sprinkle the muffin tops generously with the turbinado sugar. Bake the muffins for 7 minutes at 425 F. Then lower the heat to 350 F and bake for an additional 25-27 minutes.
- Tossing the blueberries with powdered sugar will ensure the berries have a sweet, tangy flavor and not be overly sour.