Cinnamon swirled throughout and on top of vanilla cupcakes with vanilla bean cream cheese frosting – these cupcakes are a perfect treat!
- | Easy
- | 90 mins
- | 24 servings
DirectionsMake the Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, place 24 paper liners in 2 x 12 muffin tins.
- Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Add butter and 1/2 cup of the milk. Mix on medium speed until smooth, about 4 minutes. Scrape sides of the bowl as needed.
- In a separate bowl, blend the eggs, egg whites, remaining 1/2 cup milk, and Rodelle vanilla extract.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture in three additions, mixing for 2 minutes after each addition.
- Scrap the bowl after each addition.
- Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Using a mixer, beat all the butter, cream cheese, vanilla extract and vanilla bean seeds until smooth.
- Carefully add powdered sugar on low so it can be incorporated into the butter/cream cheese.
- Spoon 1 1/2 tablespoons of batter into the lined muffin cups, start with 20 cups, if you have enough for 2-4 cupcakes after the assembly of the initial 20, follow directions from beginning.
- Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon of filling onto the batter.
- Top off the bottom layer of batter and the filling with another 1 1/2 tablespoons of batter. Smooth the surface with the back of a spoon.
- Drag a toothpick through the filled muffin liners to distribute the cinnamon filling.
- Sprinkle the tops with 1/2 teaspoon or so of the filling.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely before icing.
- Pipe frosting onto cupcakes and garnish with cinnamon stick pieces!
For the Cake
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, diced, at room temperature
- 1 cup milk, divided
- 4 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons Rodelle Gourmet Vanilla Extract
For the Filling
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Rodelle Baking Cocoa
For the Icing
- 2 8-ounce packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 6 2/3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon Rodelle Gourmet Vanilla Extract
- 1 Rodelle Vanilla Bean, split and scraped
- 2-3 Rodelle Cinnamon Sticks, chopped into 1 1/2-inch pieces